WRWD Texaco Country Showdown Details
- WRWD Texaco Country Showdown is part of the nationwide Texaco Country Showdown Contest being administered by Special Promotions Inc. in Nashville, TN. All decisions and rules set by WRWD/Clear Channel Media + Entertainment of the Hudson Valley and Special Promotions Inc. are final.
- WRWD will host 3 qualifying nights in the Hudson Valley to take place between June 10th and July 31st.
- Contestants may enter by going to WRWDcountry.com and filling out an entry form. Contestants must also submit an Audition demo (mp3 or a link to a video) to 1073Countrywrwd@gmail.com. In the email contestants MUST include their name and address along with the demo so that we can match up the demos with the registration forms that have been filled out online.
- Contestants that are selected to sing at one of the qualifying nights will be contacted by station personnel. If a contestant is not contacted then they have not been selected to compete. Contestants will be required to fill out an official Texaco Country Showdown entry form and pay a $20 entry fee.
- Deadline for online submissions is Monday, June 10th at 12:00PM EST.
- Contestants will be performing to a pre-recorded track. No bands or instruments. Solo acts only. Contests MUST supply the track they are singing to.
- Contest is open to all ages. Contestants under the age of 18 must present a parents signature on their qualifying night. Contestants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- WRWD will select contestants from the 3 qualifying nights to participate in the WRWD State Finals who will then compete to participate in the WRWD Regional Finals. Those contestants will be required to pay a $20 fee (Cash, personal check or money order made out to Special Promotions Inc, the company that runs the Texaco Country Showdown). Contestants will also need to fill out an official Texaco Country Showdown national registration form at that time.
- Contestants may only participate if he/she has not performed on a record charting in the Top 100 country format of Billboard, Radio and Records or Gavin reporting.
- You may not participate if you are related to or affiliated with Clear Channel Media + Entertainment or any sponsors or venues of the event.
- Contestants will be judged by a 3 person panel using the following criteria:
A) Marketability in Country Music
B) Vocal Ability
D) Stage Presence/Charisma
F) Songwriting (if act is performing original music)